[Spridgets] Datsun 5 speed speedo

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 3 23:01:22 MDT 2009

Geoff, which kit do you use ? Morriservice?, rivergate?

I think mine has an issue inside the trans. (mine is a rivergate kit) The
speedo drive dog dosen't always turn.
It is such a pain to get your hand in there down through the shifter hole,to
get the adaptor on and off, which i have done several times to try to solve
the issue.

I am not 100% sure whether my problem is the drive inside the trans, or
whether it is the male dog on the adaptor not engaging properly when the
adaptor it screwed into place.
It is not a problem I am willing to pull the driveline out for...so for now
"ignorance is bliss", when it comes to how fast i am going.

Andy
sprite MkIIa 1293cc 5speed, Gold Coast Australia