[Spridgets] MG Metro

GUY DAY grday at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 4 02:52:21 MDT 2009

Just to expand a little on what Frank says I found the following recipes for
a Hydrolastic fluid mix:
http://www.hydragas.co.uk/technical.html

Official Recipe:
 49% alcohol,
49% distilled water,
1 % triethanolamine phosphate
1% sodium mercaptobenzthiazole,

Australia. The firm of H.C. Sleigh (Golden Fleece) marketed a fluid to the
following specification:
Alcohol 50%,
Water 24.45%,
Bentmazol 0.05%,
Ethylene Glycol 3%, (Bomar)?
0.50%, Union Carbide
HB5100 22% (this is a viscosity improver).

Carl Blom (Sweden):
Distilled (de-ionized) water,  33%
regular coolant glycol  33%
pure alcohol is a good mixture.  33%
1/3 of each was fine for me as the original expensive fluid was rotting the
metal can it came in ....

Charles Dundas (New Zealand):
My recipe (basically 50:50 green glycol coolant & methylated spirits)is from
here:
http://austin1800.homestead.com/Page11.html