[Spridgets] 78 Midget tires (Elwood Morgan)

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 12:25:56 MDT 2009

Elwood,

I asked this question recently, too, and was told that 165/70-13 is
almost exactly the same diameter as the original 145SR13 only wider, but
are hard to find. That's true, but I did find a cheap, no-name brand
-Trazano- locally for $39 a pop. They seem "OK" so far, but they are
smaller than the 155/80-13s I had on before and now my RPMs are up
slightly at the same speed. I was concerned that 175/70-13 would rub in
the back, but if I had to do it again I would go with 175/80-13.

Lee (not Jake)
'79 Midget