[Spridgets] Eight foot fluorescent lights

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 20:33:53 MDT 2009

Bill L wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      No matter the cost of the fluorescent fixture or the lamps
>      therein, I personally DETEST fluorescent lighting fixtures. I
>      don't like the hum, and I don't like flicker, and I don't like
>      the color of the light itself.

But modern high output 8 footers do not hum, the light is white and it
makes my garage look like there is a nuclear blast going on inside if
you look from the street thru the windows. They also help in doing body
work because you see every little flaw.
I have the old style fluorescents  upstairs in the  garage, it looks dim
up there if you walk up from the downstairs shop.
Upstairs hums and if it's cold, they may not come on but the HOs come on
at zero degrees, they hum then but if it's 0 out, I am only passing thru
the garage not working out there.
I will never buy another one of those chinese made curly bulbs, those
things are useless.
If it says 13 watts but looks like 60, it's still only 13 watts and as
bright as a 13 watt bulb.
One more advantage on the tube lights, no shadows.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ