[Spridgets] Undercoating

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Fri Jun 19 17:05:51 MDT 2009

>Well, it WOULD work......don't know if the Hamptonites
>would be too understanding of all the black smoke tho....

As it happens, most of it will be coming out, so I don't have to worry about complete stripping.  The shell is on its side, Clarici-style, and I have started cutting out the floors.  There are places with three layers welded on, one inside and one outside of the original, which is still in place.  It's a mess.  Still not exactly sure what I will uncover when it is all off, but now and then I get glimpses of holes that I wish were not there.

It is really fortunate that I have a Midget in driving condition, as it takes a lot of pressure off the restoration schedule.  I will do whatever is necessary to make it right, in contrast to the Midget, which I felt compelled to get on the road before Winter set in.  (I did manage to drive it for two weeks before it got too cold without a top.)

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY