[Spridgets] Weird clutch issue

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 16:09:09 MDT 2009

David Lieb wrote:

> I would agree with that except that it is NOT a vacuum-assisted
> clutch.
No vacuum at all on the clutch hydraulics.
And it is a VR6, stock set up.
They yanked out the clutch today to find the pressure plate face was in
5 pieces.
Yet the driver says he NEVER did an 8000 rpm side step ;)
So how does one split the friction face of a pressure plate in 5 pieces?
I could see if he drove through a slush puddle but not in late June in
Jersey.
I cracked a brake rotor driving thru slush once.
Even an 8000 rpm clutch dump would shatter the disc you would think?
Maybe the p/plate was made in china.
A Sachs went back in.

--
Frank Clarici