[Spridgets] Garage Fire

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:15:37 MST 2009

Nope, Martha does as well. <BG>
When the company moved, they left ALL their fire extinguishers at the old
factory. I was in charge of getting the equipment loaded, and I specifically
asked about loading them. I was told that we would be getting a new service
company, and new units at the new factory.
So now I have five 2.5# extinguishers on various shelves in my parts shed. I
have two 5# in the Sprite garage. I have a 5# extinguisher in the bedroom
(nothing is worse than burning rubber) one 2.5# in the kitchen, and one 5#
in the GTO garage.
Key care tip from the service guy is...
Take the extinguisher, invert it, and tap it GENTLY on the floor. Not enough
to break the nozzle, but enough to shake the powder inside loose. It will
tend to settle and clump on the bottom. Do that every 6 months, and you
should be fine.
I have not done that yet, but with this thread (sorry Jay) in full swing, I
thought I would share.

Brad

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Kathryn Bales <kgb at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Does this mean that I am not the only one who uses the smoke detector as an
> oven timer?
>
> Kate
>
> Mark Haynes wrote:
>
>> <<Keep one in your kitchen, too.>>