[Spridgets] bugeye roll bar

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 22:01:07 MST 2009

That bar looks VERY different from the one I mounted in my Miata way back
when. It mounts on a flat surface so looks like you'd have to remove the rear
package shelf tins to get to a flat surface.  This seems like it would make it
too skinny in order to fit in between the seat belt mounts. Got mine from the
Monster Miata folks. The main hoop mounted over the shoulder belt towers just
behind the seats.  This gave a nice wide appropriate looking bar.  The two
down tubes went through the package shelf tins to mount over a major body seam
where the car is very strong due to multiple layers of metal.  I don't
personally care for the chrome either.  To me, rollbars look best flat or
satin black.

Just finished up this past weekend mounting the bar I bought from another
lister over a year ago - yeah I know... but I've been busy. It looks great and
now I have a perfect place to mount my four point harnesses.  (ordered, but
not yet arrived) I've now put a rollbar in every convertible I've owned.  Love
the look.  I'm also the guy who likes to push it a bit in the corners so if I
misplace a tire by a few inches it is not inconceivable that I may actually
need it one day. I'd much rather climb out from underneath cursing my
stupid butt than have somebody pull it off me and carry me away.

David Booker
Newly Barred & Soon to be Newly Belted '71 Midget
Long Island