[Spridgets] Bugeye Roll Bar

Bud Pazur bpazur at excel.net
Wed Mar 4 07:59:32 MST 2009

I installed an Autopower roll bar on my Bug. The inspiration came from
driving down my country road in my WRX at 55 mph and have an old guy in a big
Chrysler run a stop sign right in front of me. The WRX brakes saved my ass
(and the WRX), but I started thinking what would have happened in the Bugeye,
with my wife with me. I know I wouldn't have been able to stop in time. Even
tho we wear seat belts in the Bug, I still probably would have rolled into
the country culvert, which would not have been good for our heads.

And, besides Chryslers, we have had numerous very close calls with deer on
these Wisco country roads.

The Autopower looks good, fit and installed perfectly.

Of course a roll bar alone won't do it - the seat belt is necessary too.

Bud Pazur