[Spridgets] Bugeye Roll Bar - raising the dead thread

cclabaw at juno.com cclabaw at juno.com
Thu Mar 5 13:58:31 MST 2009

One of the problems with any safety equipment is what insurance people refer
to as "moral risk".  This is when you believe that the equipment will save
you, no matter how dumb you behave.  This effect is also seen with "insured"
savings.  "The whole bank couldn't fail, could it?"

Also known as "this is foolproof, and nothing could possibly go wrong, go
wrong, go ..."

Clay L.
'67 Sprite

-- mike rambour <mikey at b2systems.com> wrote:
 Rollbars also make the car very safe to drive, in my younger days I
survived (with no injuries to me or to my then girlfriend that still
married me a year later) a roll over in my FIAT convertible with NO roll
bar.  How my gf and I survived that roll over without the roll bar I
will never know but we did.  First thing I did when I started driving a
convertible again was buy a roll bar (her Dad insisted on it) and I have
never rolled a car since so obviously they add tremendous safety.

Seriously, it all depends on your risk factor...I also ride motorcycles
but I wear full leathers and helmet when I do.  Roll bars do add safety
but I am sure people have died when they had one and survived when they
did not, nothing is 100% safe, do what you feel is right and live a
great life.  I have even looked into getting a roll bar for my S2000
even though I feel that car would be hard to roll over unless I do
something stupid, like go offroading down the mountain like 34 years
ago.

	mike
You are subscribed as cclabaw at juno.com

http://www.team.net/archive