[Spridgets] Safety - Seat Belts and Roll Bar Question

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Fri Mar 6 12:54:34 MST 2009

<<I believe that to be the case in Illinois as well.  Pre-1964 (I believe)
vehicles are not required to have belts _installed_; >>

Almost, Jeff<G>!!

Illinois Vehicle Code:
<quote>
(625 ILCS 5/12/603) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12.603)
    Sec. 12.603. Seat safety belts.
    (a) No person shall sell any 1965 or later model motor vehicle of the
first division unless the front seat of such motor vehicle is equipped with
2 sets of seat safety belts. Motorcycles are exempted from the provisions of
this Section.
    (b) No person shall operate any 1965 or later model motor vehicle of the
first division that is titled or licensed by the Secretary of State unless
the front seat of such motor vehicle is equipped with 2 sets of seat safety
belts.
</quote>