[Spridgets] Safety - Seat Belts and Roll Bar Question

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Fri Mar 6 16:58:49 MST 2009

Hello Tinydog,

     The reason I read the statutes is because I had a disagreement
     with a State Patrol Officer. He said any car made for or after
     the 1964 model year was required to have seat belts installed. I
     was under the impression that NO ONE could make safety equipment
     be retrofitted, and I KNEW that there was no FEDERAL LAW in place
     in 1964.Since mine is a '66 it is more than a moot point IF I were
      to be pulled over.

      Here is a link to the FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety
      Standards) which shows, amoung other things the implementation
      dates.

      http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/FMVSS/

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home.