[Spridgets] Pinky did I foul the plugs by flooding or is it something else?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 05:34:02 MST 2009

List,

Yesterday I took Pinky out around the block after sitting most of the
winter. I had the choke pulled and as I was in front of my house I stopped
to talk to my uncle who was walking on my block and as I was talking I still
had the choke pulled. Then I pulled away and got around the corner and she
was what appeared to be out of gas (I had a 1/2 tank) I figured I had fouled
the plugs and walked home to get some wrenches and electric cleaner. I
pulled the plugs and they were dry but I sprayed them anyway. Then I tried
to start and nothing (air cleaners were off) then I sprayed the carbs with
starting fluid and she fired up. Will someone explain what had happened? I
think I had flooded the carbs and the starting fluid was the correct mixture
to fire her up, but that doesn't make sense to me because I wasn't spraying
air too or was I? I don't think the plugs were fouled because they were dry.
Can I put in an electronic ignition with an automatic choke for my 1275?
Would that require a Webber? This has happened before.

Lin