[Spridgets] Latest 69 Sprite comes home

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 12:29:28 MST 2009

I went to pick up a surviver 69 Sprite that has been in a garage for the
past 32 years.
Taken off the road in 1977 when parked.
I paid the man $500, loaded it on the trailer, drove home all of 2 miles
and decided to see just what I bought.
I pulled the battery out of my 67 Sprite, put it in the 69, took the
float bowl lids off and poured some gas in the bowls.
My son helped the choke along since the cable needs a spot of oil.
I turned the key and she fired up like it was running yesterday!
It doesn't even need a muffler!
No exhaust leaks, no brakes, but the clutch and gears work.
Not often I can back a Sprite off the trailer the day it comes home.
Other than the shag carpet, it's in pretty nice shape.
The respray lacquer paint job is cracked, the seats are perfect but
dirty, top is shot, tonneau and boot cover are perfect and it even came
with 3" wide whit walls still in a bag in the trunk! Never installed.
Not white wall tires, clip on wide white walls.
2 new carb rebuild kits, a new fan belt, some other misc new parts in
British Leyland packages.
I got lucky with this one.
I will make it stop, give it some well deserved front end work, shocks,
some  less hairy looking carpet, and a BRG paint job.
Then it's for sale.