[Spridgets] Pinky did I foul the plugs by flooding or is it something el...

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 18:46:01 MST 2009

You can pull a plug and ground the base of the plug and check for
spark.  You may want to get someone to help with a little experience.
It isn't hard and just about any ole mechanically inclined person can
do it.  But, it is easier to show someone in person than to express
the nuances over an email list.
If the plug sparks, then your coil is working.  If you replace your
coil with a high performance coil it will make the same spark.  I
disagree with a high output coil making a "dramatic" difference in a
stock Spridget application.  If you are running a race motor, you
might see a difference at high RPMs with saturation or something.
On the other hand, if I had a bad coil and a "high performance" or
"heavy duty" coil was only a small amount more, I would spend a few
extra bucks.  But, I would not spend a lot on a "high performance"
coil for a mostly stock motor.
A Pertronix or Crane type upgrade to electronic ignition is a good
thing for a street Spridget, IMHO.