[Spridgets] how to use an ohm meter to test an ignition coil?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:26:23 MST 2009

List,

I'm getting close to determining how to keep my Sprite running smoothly
without crapping out. I need to replace the fuel filters I know but I'll run
her down the street w/out filters and see how she runs before I pick up my
new filters. But I still think my coil is going or weak as she craps out
when hot. Is their a way to test my coil with an ohm meter? Ether way it
will be cool to learn how to test any coil. Is a coil like a light bulb it
ether is working or dead as bulbs don't go dim in ac current or can it just
be weak like a battery as it starts to go bad?

Thanks again,

Linda