[Spridgets] how to use an ohm meter to test an ignition coil?

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Wed Mar 11 07:57:10 MST 2009

> Also, Linda's coil may have unknown history.
> So, anything from 0.75 to 4 or so Ohms on the primary side may mean
> the coil is good?

Or, if the reading is too far out to lunch, it could mean that the coil
works for a while and then dies because it is not expecting the voltage it
is actually seeing. It is possible that she has an Alfa coil in there and it
is overheating because it is the wrong impedance for the application. I did
not say it was likely...
David Lieb