[Spridgets] how to use an ohm meter to test an ignition coil?

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 06:53:50 MST 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM, derf <derf247 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, very similar.  Some are shaped differently but all are similar in
> function.
> >
> > Derf nice website thanks. It appears all coils test the same?
> > Lin

You don't mean the same Ohms do you?  I'm pretty sure they will differ in
ideal ohms values based upon the amount of winding...  Also some have
contained ballast resistors and some do not....  The procedure may be the
same but the values are different depending upon the coil application...
--
Cheers!!
Jim