[Spridgets] High Idle..

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:18:15 MST 2009

With the engine off, grab the carbs, and try to raise them up, or push them
down. See if they move, I once had a set that had loosened up, that caused
idling issues.
I didn't realize what the issue was, until, in frustration, I put my hands
on the carbs and leaned. They sagged...
Tighten the intake, and the problem went away.

Brad

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Dave G. <kk7ss at verizon.net> wrote:

> I've got a high idle on my 1275..- about 1700 rpm  !!
> Checked timing at 7bdc, idle screws backed all the way out, choke
> backed off, jets turned down quite a bit...
> Nothing mechanical seems to make a difference...
>
> Suggestions??  Polite ones, of course ;-))
>
> --
> Dave G.   KK7SS
> '65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
>
> If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
> alive !!

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad