[Spridgets] LadyBug progress

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 09:11:04 MST 2009

Guy Weller wrote:
> Its looking good Frank.
> When you said that you had to cut it from 2 cars I had assumed that the
> shell was badly rusted, but that all looks pretty solid to me.

The original shell was hit so hard in the back that the frames were
wrinkled.
The donor car was so rusty, it was not worth trying to restore.
So I took the rear clip from the rusty car, cut it in the middle of the
wheel openings, took the rusty quarter panels and complete rear deck off
of the rusty car, cut the smashed car in the same spot, replaced the
rear deck with the rusty one, and welded it to the smashed car but then
cut off the rusty quarters from the smashed car and replaced the rusted
ones of the new rear clip.
So I ended up using the rear deck and frame from the rusty car, put the
1/4s back on from the smashed car because they were just a bit wrinkled
but not rusted out.
All I had to buy was a new trunk floor.
I just picked up the paint, tomorrow night it gets jambed out and I'll
paint the underside of the bonnet and inside of the doors, engine bay
and inside of the body.
Seats are at the shop, interior panels are made and covered, carpet
ordered, mechanicals are close to being all powder coated and/or rebuilt.