[Spridgets] "Black Box Failure"

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:47:21 MST 2009

I had an '86 Vette.  I know, a dog year for Vettes.  The thing would not
start for me.  This would happen about every month or so.

There is a little electronic component residing in the top of the
distributor, it is a bit "C" shaped.

I figured out that all I had to do was flip it for the last one that went
out and I would be able to go another month or so.  When it would die again,
I would flip the old one back in, and go another month.

New ones would go out just as the older units.  So I just kept the two of
them and kept flipping them.  I guess the cooling down process would allow
the previous one to work again.  Very strange way to live with a car.

Kirk