[Spridgets] Pertronix

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:24:16 MST 2009

My point was that if you have a properly set up dual point Mallory and
you remove the points and put in a Pertronix, you should not see a
noticeable performance increase.  If you do, then something was wrong
with the points.

I may have misunderstood Kirk's OP.  I read that he put a Pertronix
into a new Mallory dizzy,  i.e. he didn't run the car with the dual
points.  I was commenting that any performance increase would be
attributed to the Mallory and its curve instead of points versus
Pertronix.

I like Pertronix.  They are an improvement over points, IMHO.  But,
you should not expect a noticeable performance difference over
properly set up points if all other factors are the same and you are
running at non-race RPMs.  You can expect less maintenance and longer
life from Pertronix, I think.

I agree, condenser is a weak link in the points chain.