[Spridgets] 123 Ignition Test

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Mar 17 07:54:07 MST 2009

I think this thread has missed the salient "point."

It is clear that points, "properly cleaned and adjusted, etc.," work just
fine.  That so many are interested in replacing them suggests that not all
of us do keep them "properly cleaned and adjusted, etc."  Instead, we let
them go until they are noticeably crappy and we are forced to do something
about them.  Along the way, they are less than optimal for a while, and we
have not yet noticed.

So then the question is, "What are the advantages of electronic ignitions in
terms of longevity and ability to function under less than ideal conditions
of tune, wear, and cleanliness?"

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite in contract