[Spridgets] 123 Ignition Test

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Mar 17 08:11:25 MST 2009

Michael,
I've always looked at electronic ignition systems as the "lazy man's way" of
insuring timely occurrence of spark.  For now, I still prefer to use points,
and keep my distributor properly maintained (adjusted & lubricated).
Everyone needs to recognize that, with electronic ignitions which employ the
original distributor, you STILL need to keep that dizzy properly lubricated
to ensure correct advance mechanism function, and minimize bushing wear.
The trouble is that most of us tend to observe the "if it ain't broke, don't
fix it" rule, and extend that to "if it ain't broke, don't maintain it" when
something like a Pertronics unit is installed.
Just my own, personal observations.
Bud Osbourne