[Spridgets] Electronic Ignition

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Mar 19 08:16:07 MST 2009

>Maybe it was only the earlier versions that had a tendency to fail.

Early failure is characteristic of electronic gadgets.  If they are weak,
they tend to fail right away.  If not, they last a very long time.  I've had
this experience with computers.  I tend now to buy factory recondition
gadgets because they have been used long enough to reveal whatever
weaknesses got them returned, and I believe they get inspected better than
new units.

This doesn't always work, however.  I just returned a tankless hot water
heater that fell apart when I took it out of the box.  It was clear that
someone had started working on it, left it for some reason, and someone else
thought it was done and reboxed it.

Michael Rowe
Long Island, NY