[Spridgets] Another Crash

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Fri Mar 20 03:55:43 MST 2009

Glad to hear you are OK.
But, I gotta tell you: adding a roll bar to a "street" Spridget offers more
psychological benefit than actual physical benefit.  Unless it's heavily
padded, it's more likely to bash your brains out than save you.  If it's
padded heavily enough to protect you from skull fracture or concussion, it
becomes a visibility restrictor.
Bottom line is that, if you are really concerned about being protected by
your car in a collision, you really shouldn't be driving a Spridget......or
any classic sports car, for that matter.
Every time I see a "street" LBC, with an un-padded roll bar installed, I
think "organ donor maker".
I rationalize my driving of classic sports cars with the realization that
life is a gift from God, and, when He's ready to call me home, it doesn't
matter where I'm sitting.....I'm OUTTA here.  Might as well enjoy the ride
while we can!
Bud Osbourne