[Spridgets] Another Crash

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Fri Mar 20 12:34:37 MST 2009

<<but if you're going to ride motorcycles you must
remember that ANY crash you're in is your fault.>>

Around here or anywhere in Cook Co. or the 'collar counties'
I wouldn't ride for love nor money.  I am often heard to
say that a rider has a TARGET on their back, front &
both sides !!!!!!  Pure suicide IMO!!

When I was working as a Medic back in '77 in the Detroit
area I went on a State Police call out in the BOONIES !!
Road is STRAIGHT & FLAT with ZERO sight obstructions!!
Bike was hit head-on by a 70+ little old lady driving a
pale blue Rambler and she had swerved into the oncoming
lane and hit the bike with LEFT front at a guesstimated
65+ MPH.  Bike operator barely went over the car HEAD
first and landed that way.  Dead-On-Scene.  His female
passenger likewise went over the car and land around 100'
down the road.  She was breathing but gray-matter was
oozing out the edges of helmet.  She made it TO the
hospital and died an hour later.  L.Old.L. was walking
around the scene yelling a the 1st cop that they hit her!!

Later learned that Co. have filled in-voluntary
man-slaughter charges but I never learned anything more.

After we cleared the hospital I called the man office and
asked the Co. Owner to push both my Honda & HD out
front and put Fore Sale signs on them.  Lost my shirt on
them and haven't rode since!!

Me