[Spridgets] [midgetsprite] RE: PerTronix

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 17:54:12 MST 2009

Good info Bob,  My problem is I don't know what I got.  I think I picked
my Pertronix up in 2004.

In any case,  I was scanning throught the Digikey catalog today and I found this chip by ST:
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1339/l482.pdf

If my Pertronix ever fails I think I am going to make my own replacement module using the
above, a Hall sensor, and a couple discrete parts.

This ST part has adaptive dwell and it won't cook itself (or the coil) if you leave the ignition key
on.  Seems to do just what an Ignitor II does.

Total cost in parts is well under $15.  The real cost is in the time soldering and potting it into
something that will fit nicely in the distributor.