[Spridgets] 5 speed question

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 20 21:32:49 MST 2009

I could reach the drive shaft throught the hole for the shifter can, so I
did not need tape.  My problem was the drive shaft would not slide into the
transmission due to insufficient clearence between the u-joint and the top
of the tunnel.  After it was in place, the u-joint was clear of the tunnel
in it's more forward postion.  That is why it would have been better to
install the drive shaft with the engine and transmission.  Electrical tape
would not have solved my problem.  It is a good solution to a stock
installation though.
Mike