[Spridgets] Weird LBC behaviour (aka Spitting carb)

Dave G. kk7ss at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 20:44:27 MST 2009

Unless I've gone into La-La-Land and I am hallucinating (Honest,
Officer, I don't use the stuff!!!)...

With or without the 1" stub stacks, and with or without K&N filters
fitted, the front carb spits back starting at approx 2,800rpm, lots
of pressure in the rocker cover and blue haze coming out the oil
filler area..  losing oil out the rear main when this happens...

BUT--- with the OEM canister filter boxes, paper elements and no stub
stackss, it seems to run fine but I have to back off the front idle
screw..

Timing is spot on - 7 BTDC, valve lash set at 12 thou, dual point
Mallory points gap set correctly. Mixture set by lifting the dashpot
(per the book!)...
Spring loaded needle biased in the right direction...
Just a bit of a lumpy idle...

Any idea what I'm missing here or something that I'm forgetting to
check?

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!