[Spridgets] To vent or not to vent

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 22 11:18:22 MST 2009

My 1275 is vented at the fuel pump boss with a (1/2 inch) brass fitting and
heater tubing to a small round filter.  This K&N style little filter is just
tied to the left inner fender and sticks up above it a little.  You can tell
it is working because I am constantly wiping a film of oil off the inner
fender down to the wiper motor wiring harness.  Is there a better way to
vent this so I can keep the engine bay a little cleaner.  Oil over the
bottom of the car is one thing and natural for these cars, but it just
doesn't make a good impression at car shows.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2