[Spridgets] Evapo-rust*--Kevin?--Now Popcorn Sutton

dlancer7676 at comcast.net dlancer7676 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 22 15:07:19 MST 2009

Speaking of which, did you hear that the infamous and incorrigible moonshiner,
Popcorn Sutton, committed suicide last week? He had been busted with mucho
gallons of shine and given 18 months in prison. He killed himself the day
before he was to go into prison. I have a quart of 'shine in my pantry that
was made by Popcorn--good stuff. Also, I work part time at the nearby Museum
of Appalachia (Norris, TN), and we have a huge and popular Homecoming festival
in the Fall with Appalachian crafts, food, music, and legends. A few years
ago, Popcorn Sutton was asked to set up a moonshine still and run plain water
through it so visitors to the fesitval could see a still in operation. Well,
Popcorn, never to be one who figured he had to follow any rules or laws,
brought REAL mash to the festival and was cranking out the real juice and
giving it out in little paper cups to anyone interested. So happened that the
Governor of Tennessee was visiting the festival and his State Police body
guards got wind of it and told the Museum owner, John Rice Irwin, to have him
stop, which John Rice did. Popcorn wasn't at the festival the remaining 3
days.

--David C.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?