[Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 10:38:28 MST 2009

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, JLC <breton48 at live.com> wrote:
> I hope some kind soul here will answer
> with the right kind of information -

JLC,

You'd want to advance the timing at altitude. I'd go with a hotter plug also. (I'd go down 2 or 3 notches in the NGK range, from say, a BP-8 series to a BP-6 series). I'm not familiar enough with that particular Weber to make a recommendation, but you might think of buying or borrowing a clip-to-the-exhaust air/flow meter since you've got so many different variables to address. They aren't a whole bunch of money, and I'd buy one myself except the leaded fuel I use mungs up the sensor. When I lived in Los Alamos NM at 7400 feet, it was long enough ago that some of my friends had "primitive" cars, and advanced timing and 86 octane gas generally did the trick.

Ron Soave
"That which you manifest is before you" - Enzo the dog