[Spridgets] Clutch Issue

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Mon Mar 23 14:13:52 MST 2009

Kirk:

Also -- in a pinch you might be able to get by without disengaging the
clutch.  It isn't easy as you have to synch engine revs with trans gear
speeds.  But, it can be done.  We did that for a few days back when I was in
college with a '55 Chevy hot rod in which we commuted.  You do need a good
battery though, or a hill where you can get up to sufficient speed while
coasting.

While parked with engine off, engage 1st.  Crank the starter to get moving.
It will be jerky when first starting.  But, after that you're off &
shifting.

Really much better to fix the clutch.

Norm Sippel