[Spridgets] Drive Shaft Installation

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:14:08 MST 2009

> Some make a hole in the tunnel for such things.
> You can use masking tape to make the assembly stiff and install it.

Heck, the FACTORY made a hole in the tunnel for such things. No, that
was not only the 1500 Midgets. I have seen at least two 1974
chrome-bumper 1275 Midgets with factory holes there. Of course, with
the driveshaft bolting to the transmission flange on the 1500, the
hole was pretty darned necessay for them. It is possible that the
factory ordered the floorpan change early for testing purposes.

I have tried leaving the driveshaft bolted to the diff and inserting
it into the trans as the assembly was lowered into the car. It gets
tedious quickly when you have to move it a bit and the shaft falls
out, repeat ad nauseum.
David Lieb