[Spridgets] speedo error

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 24 10:35:41 MST 2009

When I built the Morris truck, I put in a Datsun 5-sp, swapped a 4.22 RE for
the original 4.5, put on 13" Vega wheels instead of the original 14" wheels.
Just to complete the stew, I used a speedometer from a late model Morris Minor
sedan.

All together this should have made the speedometer/odometer a complete joke.
With the GPS in the truck yesterday, I found the cummulative effect of all the
changes put it right on the money!  The speedo is pretty accurate and the odo
is on the money.

The smaller tires and changed rear end ratio just happened to compensate for
the Datsun speedo gear and speedo calibration.
Happy day!!  Sometimes you get a break!

Glen