[Spridgets] Trip odometer

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Mar 25 09:31:46 MST 2009

It didn't seem that anyone was much interested.  But I can now report that I
have repaired the zeroing mechanism on my trip odometer.  It has a plastic
pawl on a finger that engages a square notch in one of the wheels.  The
finger has become so stiff with age that it would no longer release as
designed - too much friction from the square shape.  So I filed off the
release side of the notch at a gentle angle so the paul can make it over
with reasonable torque.  I can provide a picture and instructions off-list
if anyone wants it.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Bugeye in contract\