[Spridgets] Funny story electronic ignition...

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Wed Mar 25 10:28:31 MST 2009

One or our electrical folks probable know the answer to this but as I
remember if you have a 100 to 1 coil, 12 volts in is 1200 volts out.
The Lucas Sports coil I think was 150 to 1 so 300 volts in is 45,000
volts out.  Yikes  The unit I built charged up a 300 volt capacitor
and then dumped it into the coil.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition