[Spridgets] Bent frame

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Sun Mar 29 09:06:13 MST 2009

Hi, Michael.  That sounds about right.  If in doubt, look at the support
members, on either side (the ones with the triangular access holes).  If
they're not kinked anywhere, you're probably fine.  Usually, if there is a
problem, it will be forward of the cross member, anyway.  Look for waves or
kinks in the steel, as a tip-off that it's been bent and straightened (or
not).
BTW, for those who wanted to see it, I found a digital photo of the bottom
of my '73 Midget, with the exhaust downpipe/collector pipe protector I
installed.  Email me off-list and I'll send a copy of the photo to you.
Bud Osbourne