[Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude

JLC breton48 at live.com
Sun Mar 29 14:52:16 MST 2009

Cap'n. Bob,

Thanks for your very informative email about "rejetting for high
altitude"... I got at least four or five responses on this list, and none on
the Lotus Seven list I belong to! Thanks to all Spridgeteers who answered my
original email.

I also contacted a local shop specializing in European cars, including LBCs
- they had a very nice Lotus Europa in the shop when I got there, and they
have a 1974 TR6 and a 1971 E E-type convertible for sale. The owner gave me
a set of 110 jets and another set of 115 jets to try in my Webers. Kind
enough, I thought... He told me if I cannot get the Lotus to run properly,
he'll set it up.

I am also going to fit plugs one grade colder. NGK's website had also
valuable information about plugs, timing advance, etc.

Nobody mentioned using 87 octane grade, but I will try that - In San Diego,I
used premium gas.

JLC