[Spridgets] Leaking gear oil help...

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 30 08:09:30 MST 2009

Theoretically, the flat head screw is there to prevent losing oil when the
wheels are off.
If I am going to leave the wheels off for any length of time, I put the
four nuts back on.

Are you sure you have the rubber O-ring and paper gasket/silicone RTV
between the hub and axle flange, and the diff not overfilled?
I also replace the Phillips head screws with Allen-drive flathead screws
since you can tighten them more without buggering up the slots.

Bob