[Spridgets] Rust Prevention

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Mon Mar 30 12:59:42 MST 2009

<<What do you use to keep parts from getting surface rust (besides paint)?>>

"Extend" is what I use Herb.  It IS a spray version of a navel
jelly 'compound' which 'converts' rust so any surface rust WILL
turn black and the rest stays clear.  Can be painted directly over.

I've got a bunch of pics of 5 steels wheels for MGTD I media
blasted, sprayed (and brushed - to let leech into the riveted areas),
then PAINTED.  Primer NOT needed<G>!!

It a Permatex Product (now called) "RUST TREATMENT" 79DA -
Item # 81849_____sku # 6----86226--81849----2  !!
I have been using for YEARS and it works fantastically !!

Ed
Please visit MY site at:		www.justbrits.com