[Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

Billy Zoom billyzoom at billyzoom.com
Sat May 2 11:34:02 MDT 2009

> new Fiat 850 coupe in England in 1968.
Yeah, but it was really, really, really cheap wasn't it?
What did you expect for that price?
I remember test driving the 850 Spyder in 1968 because it was the only new
car I could afford to pay cash for (musician-no credit).  I passed, but I
was tempted. I think the deciding factor was that in road tests, it was
actually slower than my '63 Renault. My Caravelle had a Weber carb, Koni
shocks, Abarth exhaust, and Pirelli tires, but it was still slower than all
but the slowest VW bugs.
BZ