[Spridgets] Tim - Nice Lifter Bar

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:47:01 MDT 2009

My last pull on my Bugeye. . I used heavy straps around the engine and
pulled both engine and tranny.  It came out much easier than I predicted. .
the straps served as a way to adjust and balance the power train.

I also kept the bonnet or (hood) on lifting it up high as I could with the
side supports taken off.

I used a chain to pitch the bonnet up as high as possible with the chain
connected to one of those bicycle hangers attached to the ceiling of my
garage.

It all went well - me doing the job by my lonesome.

With engine out I dumped the smooth case for a rib case. . . already had a
recent rebuild on a nice 1275.  There was a backing plate on the 1275 to
accommodate the smooth case.   This "set up" was the work of the previous
owner.

I did cut a slit on one of the motor mounts to make it easier to mount the
engine back in.  Before doing so I checked with a couple of guys on the list
who have pulled several Bugeye engines.  I was told that this is a common
process and that there is no penalty in terms of structural integrity.

Kirk
59 BE