[Spridgets] NY Plates

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Wed May 13 21:15:12 MDT 2009

<<By the time Barney was done explaining antique plates to the guy, he was
probably happy to escape.>>

I have been LOLing FAR TO HARD to even type David, because you ARE
(at least) 1000% CORRECT !!!!!  GREAT gent BUT.......

And to clarify for the rest of you Non-Illini, Barney is the chap that did
the 19K trip a few years back in his MGB TOWING a single axle trailer
for the entire trip!!!	http://www.mgaguru.com/

B. does NOT have a SHORT explanation for anything!!!!

While the IVC does back you up re mileage David it DID use to be there
(10+ years ago??).  However it ILCS Chapter 625, Section 3-804(a)
DOES say:

<quote>
The application for registration must be accompanied by an affirmation of
the owner that such vehicle will be driven on the highway only for the
purpose of going to and returning from an antique auto show or an
exhibition, or for servicing or demonstration and also affirming that the
mechanical condition, physical condition, brakes, lights, glass and
appearance of such vehicle is the same or as safe as originally equipped.
</quote>

So if a SOS Officer was in a bad mood (never, I know<G>) and saw you
drive your car(s) TO work and then LATER in the day HOME.....

I just fail to see the 'need' to save the trifling amount(s) (I have FOUR
(4) cars that DO qualify) vs even just one "ticket/yanked/court/towing"
session<VBG>!!!