[Spridgets] Speedometer cable pinion gear

Doug Altman doug_altman at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 12:09:29 MDT 2009

Chris - I had the problem that the internal end of the speedo gear was worn
oversize and the square end of the cable was slipping when assembled into the
gear thus not being driven by the gear.  Ergo no, or intermittant, speedometer
function.  Though I dislike cobbling, I cut a couple strips of tin and
soldered them to adjacent sides of the square end of the cable.  It fit more
snuggly in the gear and has worked for five years now.  If this is your
problem, you might try this.  Doug Altman    ....o~'o