[Spridgets] Why Does Engine Like to Run Rich?

Doug Altman doug_altman at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 09:29:18 MDT 2009

Needle shoulders are flush with bottom of pistons per instructions.  Jet
adjusting nut is all the way up, entirely compressing the spring when I start
to turn them down.  This has always been my starting point.  I'll check the
jet height when the nuts are all the way up.  When I do have the carbs leaned
out to where the Colortune says they should be, I get nice, gray colored, dry
plugs.  How do you see the fuel level in the float bowl to compare it to the
position of the top of the jet?  If you take the top off the carb, the float
comes out too and the fuel level changes (?).