[Spridgets] Brake help

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat May 30 10:44:45 MDT 2009

69 Sprite with the ridiculous tandem master cylinder, the one I usually
throw out and replace with a single bore, 1 line master because it works
better.
All rebuilt brake system, every hose, seal, or cylinder has been
replaced or rebuilt.
original lines have been blown clear.
I can not get fluid to the back brakes.
I even bypassed that stupid shuttle valve, I can't get fluid to it.
Brake pedal is hard but only the fronts are working, sort of like most
of these cars with this master cylinder set up.
So WTF? I can blow air from the shuttle to the rear bleeders, I can blow
from the shuttle back to the master and through the shuttle.
No fluid to the back even with a vacuum sucking on the nipples.
I have tried getting juice at the rear rubber hose, no can do.
The master will not pump it because the pedal is hard with the front brake.
Now I know why I always toss these set ups for the 67 set up.
But I used my last 67 master on the L8D-Bug  and I didn't feel like
redoing all the pipes on this *quickie* project.
I can blow from the back pipe and make bubbles in the master so there is
no clog.
It's a design flaw, always has been but what do you guys do to fix it?
Beside run with front brakes only?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ