[Spridgets] Making an MG in 1931

Dave G. kk7ss at verizon.net
Tue Nov 3 14:30:42 MST 2009

>From 1953 to 1955 I worked as an apprentice at an outfit called
May&Baker just East of London.
They made chemicals reagents such as Nitric, Sulphuric and Nitric
Acids, Ammonia, Bromine and Chlorine, etc... all un-diluted.
My job, as the apprentice, was to decant them from the large vats
into 25 gallon glass 'carboys' (Spelling?).
We didn't have masks, breathing equipment or anything like a safety
inspector -- 1955, remember??

I now have COPD with approx 30% lung function and no O2 reserve
capacity.

I would imagine that those painters ended up the same way...

--
Dave G.   KK7SS  Richland, WA
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

Age is just another number... !