[Spridgets] far-fetched plan germinating in warpped mind.....need Seattle info

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Nov 3 14:33:36 MST 2009

Although sort of off-topic, this can still be Spridget relevant:  Looking
(obviously from a long way away) at an old BMW in the Seattle area.  How
active it the "tin worm" in that corner of the world?
This is a relatively rare old BMW, of a type which not too many people are
interested in.  Kinda ugly, to most, but the design has grown on me.  If the
car turns out to be solid (sheet metal near-impossible to find "over here")
and it can be made road-worthy without breaking the bank, I might just fly out
there and bring it back to southwestern PA.
So, how about it all you left coast guys.  Would a 41 year old Bimmer
(pre-"beamer") have a reasonable chance of being rust-free in the Seattle
area?
Thanks.
Bud Osbourne
(gettin ready to put the Midget away for the winter, this weekend, after a
very active driving season)